2019 was an incredible year of travel, adventure, exploration, and learning for me. I finally had the opportunity to visit destinations I’ve been dreaming of visiting forever, like Japan, where I spent nearly 2 months traveling the nation, and Scotland, where my husband and I spent a month for our anniversary. My husband and I also became licensed drone pilots, and I further upgraded my camera equipment, which resulted in some of my favorite images I’ve ever taken (below).
I took so many photographs during my travels that I’m really proud of, but I wanted to share with you some of my favorite images from each place I visited, and some of my favorite projects I’ve worked on this year. Feel free to save them as a phone background [Please note: all images are subject to copyright, owned by Annie Fairfax, and may not be altered, sold, printed, or reproduced without appropriate license], or click here to explore my photography portfolio and order fine art prints of your favorite images to hang in your home (our walls are covered in my photos!) . I’ll also link the title of each image to the section they’re found in my portfolio so you can see more or order prints!
In addition to visiting more than a dozen cities and villages in Japan and seeing much of Scotland and her incredible views, we traveled to England, Canada, the Philippines, explored more of our home state of Michigan, returned to beautiful Mackinac Island, enjoyed the Tulip Festival in Holland, Lilac Festival, and Lavender Festivals, and had the opportunity to explore my hometown of Petoskey in greater detail to share with all of you, and many more beautiful adventures. Explore where else we visited below to get inspired for your 2020 travels!
Happy New Year!
1. Unveiling the New 2020 Lexus Convertible Concept at North American International Auto Show in Detroit (January) [Prints]
2. Cozy at Hotel Walloon in Walloon Lake (February) [Prints]
3. Sleeping Beauty’s Castle at Disneyland in Anaheim, California (February) [Prints Not Available]
6. Ink On Tap at Inkstand Custom Blended Calligraphy/Manga Ink Shop in Taito, Tokyo, Japan (March) [Prints]
7. Cherry Blossom Festival at Osaka Castle in Osaka, Japan (March) [Prints]
10. Apprentice Geisha Walking to Work in the Rain in Gion, Kyoto, Japan (March) [Prints]
11. Cherry Blossoms at Himeji Castle in Himeji, Japan (April) [Prints]
12. Kurokawa Onsen Mountain Hot Spring Village in Kurokawa Onsen, Japan (April) [Prints]
13. Hakone Village in Hakone, Japan (April) [Prints]
16. Japanese Food Various Places in Japan (March & April) [Prints]
22. Visiting Cincinnati (June)
24. Dock Hopping in Bay View, MI (June) [Prints]
25. French Lavender at Imlay City Lavender Festival (July) [Prints]
26. London Eye & The Exterior of The Kensington Hotel in London, England (July) [Prints]
30. Mealt Falls Rushing Towards Basalt Cliffs on the Sea in Scotland, United Kingdom (July) [Prints]
31. Eilean Donan Castle in the Fog in Dornie, Scotland, United Kingdom (July) [Prints]
32. The Sea Gates of Portree in Portree, Scotland, United Kingdom (July) [Prints]
33. Highland Coo on the Isle of Skye, Scotland, United Kingdom (July) [Prints]
34. Blair Castle in Blair Atholl, Scotland, United Kingdom (July) [Prints]
35. Swimming Loch Ness in Loch Ness, Scotland, United Kingdom (July) [Prints]
36. Spending a Week in a Castle at Glengarry Castle Hotel in Glengarry, Scotland, United Kingdom (July) [Prints]
37. Perceptions of Light and Colour inside Stirling Castle in Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom (July) [Prints]
41. Salmon Salad in the Atrium at West Baden Springs Hotel in French Lick West Baden, IN (September) [Prints Unavailable]
42. Sunrise Over Charlevoix Country Club in Charlevoix, MI (October) [Prints Available By Request]
43. Farm to Table Breakfast in Traverse City at Sugar 2 Salt Restaurant in Traverse City, MI (October) [Prints]
44. Tropical Jungle in The Motor City at Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory & Botanical Garden in Detroit, MI (November) [Prints]
Thank you for such an incredible year. Without your encouragement and support, none of this would be possible. I am sincerely thankful for every opportunity I’ve had this year, and I’m so excited to see what the next year has in store for us!
May 2020 be the best year yet for us all!
Follow Me for More: @AnnieFairfax
See More by Annie Fairfax
Baden-Baden | Bay Harbor | Bay View | Berlin | Beverly Hills | Black Forest | Carmel | Chicago | Cincinnati | Colmar | Disneyland | Edinburgh | Glasgow | Grand Rapids | Greenland | Hakone | Harbor Springs| Heidelberg | Holland | Indianapolis | Irvine | Isle of Skye | Kurokawa Onsen | Kyoto | Laguna Beach | Loch Ness | London | Los Angeles | Mackinac Island | Mexico City | Nara | New Orleans | New York City | Niagara Falls | Nikko | Northern Michigan | Osaka | Petoskey | Querétaro | Riviera Maya | Rome | Tokyo | Tokyo DisneySea | Toronto | Traverse City | Tucson | Tulum | Vatican City | Venice | Warsaw | West Hollywood |