Seattle just might be my favorite city in the United States. We met some of the friendliest people here, ate some of the freshest produce and seafood, and we were amazed at the plethora of incredible outdoor activities offered in and around the city, like visiting the Japanese Garden, sailing Puget Sound, whale watching, hiking, and so much more. Here’s how I’d recommend spending a long weekend in the Seattle area. I hope this Seattle Itinerary helps you plan a wonderful, long weekend in the Emerald City!
7 am Arrive to Seattle Afternoon or Evening via Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
7:30 am Rent car from Hertz Rental Car at SeaTac, and head to Olympic National Park
– Pick up trail snacks & water at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, or Pike Place Market
– Spend morning and afternoon hiking & enjoying beautiful Olympic National Park, Hoh Rainforest, etc.
4:50 pm Head back to Seattle
7 pm Dinner at Harvest Beat
– Farm to Table Fine Dining
– Fantastic Plating
– Plenty of vegan, sustainable & plant based options
9 pm Head back to hotel, unpack, and relax OR Go to The Nest rooftop bar on top of The Thompson Hotel for a nightcap
8 am Breakfast at Mr. West Café Bar, Anchorhead Coffee, or Starbucks Reserve
10:15 am Seattle Japanese Garden
– Should have time enough to do two or more laps through the beautiful gardens
– Plan ahead to schedule on a day they are offering tea ceremonies, if possible
11:30 am Take a stroll around Washington Park Arboretum
1 pm Lunch at Eden Hill Provisions, Harvest Beat, Shaker + Spear
2:00 pm Sail Puget Sound with Upbeat Sailing’s half-day tour for unbelievable views of the mountains, Seattle, Puget Sound, and the surrounding islands!
-Uber to departure point at Shilshole Bay
– Bring a jacket and/or rain jacket, hat, sunglasses, & boat shoes
– Keep an eye out for orcas, porpoise, and sea lions
– Bring your camera to capture the unbelievable views
6:00 pm – 6:30pm Arrive back on land & change for dinner
7:00 pm Dinner at Aerlume
– Ask for a table outdoors if possible, and enjoy the gorgeous sunset over Puget Sound
– Their appetizers are huge, as are the other portions of their food, so be sure to bring your appetite!
9:30 pm Head back to hotel
8:00 am Breakfast at Charlotte Restaurant and Lounge
10:00 am Spa Day at Le SPA de l’hôtel LOTTE
– “Ultimate Customized Biologique Recherche Facial” (110 minutes)
– “The Glow” Contouring Body & Face Wrap (60 Minutes)
– Swedish, Deep Tissue, or Hot Stone Massage (50-110 Minutes)
2:30 pm Brunch at Sawyer
– Try the Parmesan Roasted Potatoes as well as the Tuna and Dungeness Crab Ceviche – both are SO good!
3:30 pmVisit Afternoon Pike Place Market
– Buy fresh flowers from a local flower grower before you leave the market!
– Have a coffee at the first Starbucks (Starbucks is a Seattle based company!)
– Pastries at Piroshky Piroshky
– Try a Salmon Tasting Flight at Made in Washington
– Walk along water for great views of Puget Sound
4:30 pm – 6:00pm Head to Seattle Center and use CityPASS timed tickets to see the Space Needle & Chihuly Glass & Garden
– Both are in the same plaza, right next door to one another
– Make reservations 1-3 days in advance
– At the Space Needle, be sure to head to the observation deck, and then take the stairs down to the revolving glass floor
7:00 pm (or Sunset) Dinner at Goldfinch Tavern inside Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
– Ask for a table near the window to watch the sunset
– They make their drinks very strong here, so if you like that, this is the perfect place for a good cocktail
9:30 pm Head back to hotel
8:00 am Pack up & Check out of hotel
10:00 am Visit Museum of Pop Culture with CityPASS tickets
11:30 pm Head to Seattle Aquarium using CityPASS tickets
1:00 pm Lunch at Cutter’s Seafood
– Try the California Roll, it’s out of this world
– Their Tuna Niçoise is also incredible!
3:00 pm Ride the Seattle Great Wheel
– Bring your camera to capture unique views of the area
3:30 pm Visit Seattle Art Museum
5:00 pm Dinner at Umi Sake House
– Fantastic Sushi, made from freshly caught seafood
– Huge selection of imported Japanese sake
– I recommend the Lobster Tempura, Vegetable Sushi Sampler, Tamago Nigiri, Dragonfly Roll, and First Ave Roll
7:00 pm Depart Seattle
Of course, this is just a sample itinerary. You can omit, add, extend, or shorten it however you’d like, simply copy and paste the text into a word document or Pages if you’re using a Mac, and edit as you’d like. I hope this helps you plan out a fantastic trip in beautiful Seattle!