The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale happens twice a year, once in January and once at the end of summer, usually in September. These are the only times Lilly Pulitzer clothing ever goes on sale, and so it’s no surprise that it’s a HUGE deal to fans of the brand! Here are my tips and tricks for making the most of this fantastic sale, happening Monday January 4th, 2021 at 8am EST!
Shop the sale in a number of places before the main sale goes live (these sales usually go live around midnight or 3am EST!)
The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale begins January 4th, 2021 at 8am EST!
The semi-annual Lilly Pulitzer sale is almost here, which is THE best time of year to score deals from Lilly Pulitzer! In order to make the most of your experience, read these tips and check out my advice video below! Let me know if you have any other questions, and I will do my best to answer them for you!
Basics of the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale:
What is the official day of the sale?
The 2021 After Party Sale date has been confirmed by Lilly Pulitzer, that it will begin Monday January 4th, 2021 at 8am EST! Set your alarms!
APS = After Party Sale: One of the two semi-annual sales Lilly Pulitzer offers. It is the only time sale merchandise is offered on their websites since they do not regularly maintain a sale section (regular Lilly stores have sales all year round, but may not have the same selection and deep discounts the APS has).
Which sale is better, the January sale or the summer APS?
The January sale is smaller than the summer sale, but the discounts are just as good, and since it’s not as popular as the summer sale, you’re more likely to get in, order what you want, and get out of the sale faster. Shipping for the winter sale is also quicker in my experience, which is another bonus.
The summer sale has a much larger collection, and if you live somewhere warm, or plan to take any fall/winter vacations, you’ll still have plenty of time to wear your new purchases!
How does the online sale work?
People are put in a virtual line when they first go to the site, and given a number. The “line” will “move” and you’re number will get closer to the front of the line. You can open multiple browser tabs or shop from multiple devices (phones, tablets, computers, laptops, etc.) and have multiple places in line. This is important because just because you put something in your cart, does not mean it won’t sell out. I recommend checking out multiple times to get the best chance on getting your items (your order could be cancelled, more on this later), but beware that once you checkout and complete your purchase, you’re sent to the back of the line. This is where having multiple devices/tabs aka places in line become beneficial!
Is this APS happening in stores too?
Yes, the summer sale is in stores as well. Call your local stores, or stores across the country and they are more than happy to ship you items they have in stock. Just remember, they will have customers in stores AND over the phone (perhaps online as well, if they have a website), so try to know have an idea of what you’re looking for before calling.
-If something you want is sold out on the Lilly site, try calling around to a few stores, they may still have it in stock!
What time does the After Party Sale start?
The sale always starts at 8 am EST online, or whenever your local store opens (which may be earlier on the sale day, call a few days or weeks in advance to check, because they may open early on the day of the sale and you don’t want to miss out!)
What if what I’m looking for sells out?
In past years, they restocked the sale on the second day of the sale, but during the last After Party Sale, they put everything in the sale all at once. If what you want is sold out, don’t count on it being restocked, but do check back often, and check out resale sites, like this one, to find the best deals you may have missed out on!
Is there a way to find our what After Party Sale prices will be before the sale?
There’s no way to know what will be in the APS before it happens, or how much things will be, but it will definitely be better deals than the typical sales in Lilly stores. This is one of 2 times a year that Lilly’s website has a virtual sale section.
Which is better, After Party Sale prices online, or in stores?
Some stores have better sale prices, and if the online price is different (aka less), Lilly Pulitzer corporate stores (stores that are called “Lilly Pulitzer”, not stores that carry a few Lilly items) will price match so you get the better price!
What’s are markdowns like during the After Party Sale?
Generally 30-80% off retail!
Do you know any specific prices?
Last APS dresses were around 59-99$
Swing Dresses $39
Shift Dresses $59-$89
Callahan Shorts $29+
Sample Buttercup Scallop Shorts $29
Luxletic Leggings $39
Luxletic Aila Skort $34
Vests were $39-$49
Scarves were $19-$30
Popovers were $39-$59
Deanna Linen Popovers $34|
Printed Popovers $59
Cashmere Cardigan Wrap $69
Palazzo Pants were $89
Purses and accessories were $12+
Mens Ties $29
Mens Swim Shorts $34-$39
Mens Beaumont Shorts $34
What’s Included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Will Samples & Recuts be included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Everyone was shocked to see samples and recuts (items that weren’t mass produced, but made from older prints) in the January 2018 sale, and since the warehouse sale (where Lilly used to sell off samples) was discontinued, I’d definitely check out the shorts section and popover sections first to get your hands on some one of a kind or very unique Lilly items that were never sold in stores. There’s n o guarantee they’ll be included, but it’s always a great idea to keep an eye out for them.
Will Lilly Pulitzer x Pottery Barn be included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Since this collaboration was sold on Pottery Barn’s website, it won’t be in the APS.
Is luxlextic clothing included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Last APS this collection was included, so it’s safe to assume it will be included in this sale as well.
Are children’s clothing or baby shifts included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Yes, Prices are generally 1/2 off retail for children’s & baby clothing.
Will Mens & Boy’s items be included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Yes, it’s safe to assume that they will be included as well. During the last sale men’s ties were only $29 and men’s shorts were only $34!
Which prints will be included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Anything up to and (rarely) including the present season. Think from last summer to current season (seeing which prints have been recently pulled from the website can give you a good idea too).
Which specific items are included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
While no one knows for sure, it’s a safe bet that most recent Gift with Purchases (GWPs) will be included, as well as items that didn’t sell out when they were originally released. If you’re seeing prints or pieces from a few releases ago that are still fully stocked on the site, chances are pretty good they’ll be included in the sale.
Will ____ print be in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?!
No one knows for sure of course, but if you have a favorite Lilly store, call and ask them, they may be able to tell you if they have the print/item you’re looking for, and may be able to tell you what the sale price will be ahead of time.
How does the virtual line system work during the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
The computer system lines you up based upon who “shows up” (i.e. accesses the website) first! While this may seem annoying, it has really helped things run more smoothly in the past.
How do I get “in line” for the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Simply access LillyPulitzer.com at 8am EST on the morning of the APS to be placed in line. If you attempt to access the site prior to 8am, it will take you to a screen that says something along the lines of “something big is in store!”, and then automatically redirect you when the sale goes live.
What if the item I want is sold out online?!
You can either
a. head to your nearest Lilly store (I’d recommend calling ahead to ask them to set it aside for you, although not all stores will do this during the sales)
b. call Lilly’s customer service, they may be able to help you figure out a store that can ship it to you (but keep in mind they’ll be getting tons of calls during this time!) or
c. Head to my Lilly Pulitzer Resale Facebook Group and join the event. This will be where everyone is BSTing (buying, selling, and trading) items that didn’t work for them, looking for things they missed out on, or swapping sizes. Most people eventually find what they want here!
What if my order is cancelled, I am sent the incorrect items, what or what I order doesn’t fit me?
Even though you may be able to place an order, it doesn’t necessarily mean that what you’re ordering will still be in stock. If your order is cancelled, there isn’t much you can do other than hunt for the items in places like my Facebook group, which has nearly 40,000 members.
If you’re sent the wrong items, call Lilly and ask them to fix it. All sales are final, so if what you order doesn’t fit, you can try to find a trade in my Facebook group’s event.
Will pop up prints be available in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
If they didn’t sell out, chances are very good that they will be included in the January sale.
Can I use a gift card during during the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Yes, I was able to use one last year! (Although I called customer service and had them process it)
If something I buy in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale doesn’t work for me, am I able to return it?
No, all sales are final. Lilly Pulitzer will not accept returns for items you don’t like, items that do not fit, etc. You can use resale pages to find trades! However, if an item arrives damaged, they have been known to accept a return or at least an exchange for equivalent value.
Lilly often has flash sales on their FaceBook & Instagram pages, so be sure to check those out as well throughout the day! Last year during the winter sale they had $20 mystery scarves and deals on dresses, etc. During the last two sales in September and January, they didn’t do this, but it’s worth keeping an eye out for none the less.
Other Places to Shop Lilly Pulitzer Deals During the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale:
Lilly Pulitzer: http://bit.ly/2wZZEzZ
Zappos: http://bit.ly/2N4CqDS all have different deals, and they are often times better! They also typically mark down current season items that may not be in the corporate sale! You can shop the sale early here! (ad)
How to Make the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale Work for You!
- Once the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale date is announced, you might want to arrange to take the morning off from work or school if you’re serious about shopping it.
- Set up your Lilly Pulitzer website account a day or two before the sale (it won’t be accessible a few hours before the sale, and even the night before). You can store your card info, address, etc. within your account to save time when checking out during the sale.
- Set priorities and hit each of those categories first. (Ex: popovers, shorts, dresses, accessories then tees and tanks last)
- Once you check out during the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale, you’re put back at the “end of the line”, which means you won’t be able to shop again until you get to the front of the virtual line.
- Do NOT refresh your page once you’re in line, you’ll lose your spot!
- Use multiple browser windows and both the app and website to get in a few times if you’re really thirsting for some deals. You can even access the sale from multiple devices like a laptop, phone, iPad, desktop, etc. to avoid waiting in line and missing out.
- You can use the search function to narrow the selection to your size, so it only shows you things that in stock in the size you’re looking for! (See below!)
- The site has a penchant for crashing, so just be patient. During the January 2018 Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale, the site crashed so hard that even though I was in line right at 8am and one of the first 5k people in line, I couldn’t access the site until almost noon due to technical issues. As the brand’s popularity grows, more and more people try to access all at once and some things can’t be helped.
- Just because you add something to your cart doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed to be yours, it may disappear which can be so disappointing, so shop fast and grab what you want then check out as quickly as you can. Just remember you’ll be sent back to beginning of the queue.
- Just because you buy it doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed, every year some people are disappointed because their orders are canceled, and it’s good to know going into it that it’s not unheard of.
- You may never receive a shipping notification or tracking, your package will likely just show 1-8 business days after purchase, or up to three weeks later.
- If you have specific questions about your local Lilly store, or a store near you that carries Lilly, call and ask them before the sale! They want your money and will help you out!
- Shipping is usually quite quick. I live in Michigan and have almost always gotten my packages 2 days after the sale (shipped from KOP, Pennsylvania) BUT keep in mind that Lilly gets more orders during this time than any other, so shipping times may be extended up to 6 weeks!
- If you live near a Lilly store, try on different items to get an idea of the size you wear before the sale, especially if you’re going to try a style you don’t typically wear. While Lilly’s sizing does vary pretty widely, it has gotten more consistent lately, so what fits in stores should be applicable to the sale which will include the past couple of seasons.
- Be kind to the store owners and Lilly’s customer service! They aren’t out to get you and they have no control over stock or cancelled orders. It may be really disappointing to miss out on something you’ve been wanting, but these are real human beings with real feelings who deserve respect, not a stranger’s rage.
- Lilly does not ship internationally (yet).
Let me know what you thought of these tips, and if you still have questions please ask them below and I will answer!