Thank you to HuKitchen for sending me a box of their organic, vegan chocolate bars to try and share with all of you! I’m using them in my favorite smoothie bowl recipe!
For the past 2 weeks or so, I’ve had at least one homemade smoothie a day, and it’s really helped me to get all of my fruits and vegetables in every day! Drinking smoothies is so much simpler than eating several pieces of fruit and even more vegetables each day, so it just makes sense to blend up my fruits and vegetables! I’ve been attempting to perfect my smoothie making skills, and I’m so happy with how far my smoothie skills have come! While this was my first ever attempt at making a cute smoothie bowl, it still tasted fantastic!
For all of my smoothies, 3 things are important to me; the products must be organic, it has to taste good, and I don’t want added sugars. To make the smoothie bowl above, I followed the recipe I came up with below:
- 1 Ripe, Room Temperature Organic Banana
- 1/4 Cup Meijer Organic Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup Bai Anti-Oxidant Cocofusion Drink in “Molokai Cocount”
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Meijer Organic Raspberries
- 1 Cup Frozen Meijer Organic Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Frozen 365 Organic Peach Slices from Whole Foods
- 1/2 Organic Apple, cored and sliced
- Hu Kitchen Organic Chocolate
- 1/8 Cup Organic Chia Seeds
- Pinch of Dang Brand Toasted Coconut Chips
- 1/2 Organic Apple (leftover from above) Cut into Stars and Hears
- Place all smoothie base ingredients into blender, cover and blend on high until smooth.
- Place in bowl or cup of choice
- Top with Hu Kitchen chocolate pieces (I used the Almond Butter & Puffed Quinoa Dark Chocolate here!), chia seeds, fruit pieces, and coconut shavings.
In addition to the toppings listed above, you could also shave the chocolate bars and add chocolate shavings, top with fresh, edible flowers, scoops of “nice cream”, peanut butter, sliced fruits, nuts, or frozen berries! If you’re looking to add more protein to your day, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder or spirulina powder to the base, and add nuts like unsalted raw almonds, unsalted cashews, macadamia nuts or unsalted peanuts! I also really like substituting the bananas in the base for a full, fresh avocado (without the skin or seed of course) and a handful of organic spinach. It may sound weird to blend vegetables up with fruit, but trust me, it tastes wonderful and it’s so good for you!
I love smoothies not only in the summer, but year round because they’re not only refreshing and tasty, but they’re healthy and a great way to make sure I’m eating enough fruits and vegetables each day. I really like the chocolate bars Hu Kitchen sent me, because they’re organic, vegan, and don’t have any added sugars, or artificial ingredients, so they’re as close to pure as I can get without grinding my own cacao!
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe? Let me know in the comments below! You can shop some of my favorite smoothie making products below! Please note, they are affiliate links, so if you make a purchase through them I may make a small commission which I use to keep my blog running.