Check out these other Lilly posts too!
2018 Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale APS Pre-Sale
500+ of The Best Handmade Preppy & Lilly Pulitzer Items on Etsy
How to Properly Launder Your Lilly Pulitzer Clothing
How to Mix Prints Like a Pro with 50+ Examples
Lilly Pulitzers Newly Remodeled Store in Troy, MI
Lilly Pulitzer’s Revitalized Men’s & Boy’s Line
Lilly Pulitzer Trunk Show at Bay Harbor Yacht Club
My Lilly Pulitzer Shorts Collection
How I Organize My Closet Part 1
Shop the sale in several places before the main sale goes live (these sales usually go live around midnight or 3 am EST!)
Lilly Pulitzer: http://bit.ly/2wZZEzZ
*Check back for updates as the After Party Sale (APS) gets closer; I’ll update this post as we learn more. It might be a good idea to bookmark it!*
The semi-annual Lilly Pulitzer sale is almost here, which is THE best time of year to score deals from Lilly Pulitzer! To make the most of your experience, read these tips and check out my advice video below! Let me know if you have any other questions, and I will do my best to answer them for you!
Basics of the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale:
What is the official day of the sale?
The 2020 After Party Sale date has been confirmed by Lilly Pulitzer that it will begin Monday, January 6th, 2020, at 8 am EST! Set your alarms!
APS = After Party Sale: One of the two semi-annual sales Lilly Pulitzer offers. It is the only time sale merchandise is offered on their websites since they do not regularly maintain a sale section (regular Lilly stores have sales all year round but may not have the same selection and deep discounts the APS has).
Which sale is better, the January sale or the summer APS?
The January sale is smaller than the summer sale, but the discounts are just as good, and since it’s not as popular as the summer sale, you’re more likely to get in, order what you want, and get out of the sale faster. Shipping for the winter sale is also quicker, in my experience, which is another bonus.
The summer sale has a much larger collection, and if you live somewhere warm or plan to take any fall/winter vacations, you’ll still have plenty of time to wear your new purchases!
How does the online sale work?
People are put in a virtual line when they first go to the site and given a number. The “line” will “move,” and your number will get closer to the front of the line. You can open multiple browser tabs or shop from multiple devices (phones, tablets, computers, laptops, etc.) and have multiple places in line. This is important because just because you put something in your cart does not mean it won’t sell out. I recommend checking out multiple times to get the best chance of getting your items (your order could be canceled, more on this later), but beware that once you checkout and complete your purchase, you’re sent to the back of the line. This is where having multiple devices/tabs, aka places in line, becomes beneficial!
Is this APS happening in stores too?
Yes, the summer sale is in stores as well. Call your local stores or stores across the country, and they are more than happy to ship you items they have in stock. Just remember, they will have customers in stores AND over the phone (perhaps online as well, if they have a website), so try to know have an idea of what you’re looking for before calling.
-If something you want is sold out on the Lilly site, try calling around to a few stores; they may still have it in stock!
What time does the After Party Sale start?
The sale always starts at 8 am EST online, or whenever your local store opens (which may be earlier on the sale day, call a few days or weeks in advance to check, because they may open early on the day of the sale and you don’t want to miss out!)
What if what I’m looking for sells out?
In past years, they restocked the sale on the second day of the sale, but they put everything in the sale all at once during the last After Party Sale. If what you want is sold out, don’t count on it being restocked, but do check back often, and check out resale sites, like this one, to find the best deals you may have missed out on!
Is there a way to find out what After Party Sale prices will be before the sale?
There’s no way to know what will be in the APS before it happens or how much things will be, but it will definitely be better deals than the typical sales in Lilly stores. This is one of 2 times a year that Lilly’s website has a virtual sale section.
Which is better, After Party Sale prices online or in stores?
Some stores have better sale prices, and if the online price is different (aka less), Lilly Pulitzer corporate stores (stores that are called “Lilly Pulitzer,” not stores that carry a few Lilly items) will price match; so you get the better price!
What’s, are markdowns like during the After Party Sale?
Generally 30-80% off retail!
Do you know any specific prices?
Last APS dresses were around 59-99$
Swing Dresses $39
Shift Dresses $59-$89
Callahan Shorts $29+
Sample Buttercup Scallop Shorts $29
Luxletic Leggings $39
Luxletic Aila Skort $34
Vests were $39-$49
Scarves were $19-$30
Popovers were $39-$59
Deanna Linen Popovers $34|
Printed Popovers $59
Cashmere Cardigan Wrap $69
Palazzo Pants were $89
Purses and accessories were $12+
Men’s Ties $29
Men’s Swim Shorts $34-$39
Men’s Beaumont Shorts $34
What’s Included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Will Samples & Recuts be included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Everyone was shocked to see samples and recuts (items that weren’t mass-produced but made from older prints) in the last January sale. Since the warehouse sale (where Lilly used to sell off samples) was discontinued, I’d definitely check out the shorts section and popover sections first to get your hands on someone of a kind or unique Lilly items that were never sold in stores.
Will Lilly Pulitzer x Pottery Barn be included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Since this collaboration was sold on Pottery Barn’s website, it won’t be in the APS.
Is luxlextic clothing included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Last APS it was, so it’s safe to assume it will be included in this sale as well.
Are children’s clothing or baby shifts included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Yes! Prices are generally 1/2 off retail for children’s & baby clothing!
Will Men’s & Boy’s items be included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Yes, it’s safe to assume that they will be included as well. During the last sale, men’s ties were only $29, and men’s shorts were only $34!
Which prints will be included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Anything up to and (rarely) including the present season. Think from last summer to the current season (seeing which prints have been recently pulled from the website can give you a good idea too!)
Which specific items are included in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
While no one knows for sure, it’s a safe bet that the most recent Gift with Purchases (GWPs) will be included, as well as items that didn’t sell out when they were originally released. If you’re seeing prints or pieces from a few releases ago that are still fully stocked on the site, chances are pretty good they’ll be included in the sale.
Will ____ print be in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?!
No one knows for sure, of course, but if you have a favorite Lilly store, call and ask them, they may be able to tell you if they have the print/item you’re looking for and may be able to tell you what the sale price will be ahead of time.
How does the virtual line system work during the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
The computer system lines you up based upon who “shows up” (i.e., accesses the website) first! While this may seem annoying, it has really helped things run more smoothly in the past.
How do I get “in line” for the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Simply access LillyPulitzer.com at 8 am EST on the morning of the APS to be placed in line. If you attempt to access the site before 8 am, it will take you to a screen that says something along the lines of “something big is in store!” and then automatically redirect you when the sale goes live.
What if the item I want is sold out online?!
You can either
a. Head to your nearest Lilly store (I’d recommend calling ahead to ask them to set it aside for you, although not all stores will do this during the sales)
b. Call Lilly’s customer service; they may be able to help you figure out a store that can ship it to you (but keep in mind they’ll be getting tons of calls during this time!).
c. Head to my Lilly Pulitzer Resale Facebook Group and join the event. This will be where everyone is BSTing (buying, selling, and trading) items that didn’t work for them, looking for things they missed out on or swapping sizes. Most people eventually find what they want here!
What if my order is canceled, I am sent the incorrect items, or what I order doesn’t fit me?
Even though you may be able to place an order, it doesn’t necessarily mean that what you’re ordering will still be in stock. If your order is canceled, there isn’t much you can do other than hunt for the items in places like my Facebook group, which has more than 30,000 members. If you’re sent the wrong items, call Lilly and ask them to fix them. All sales are final, so if what you order doesn’t fit, you can try to find a trade in my Facebook group’s event.
Will pop-up prints be available in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
If they didn’t sell out, chances are very good that they will be included in the summer sale.
Can I use a gift card during the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale?
Yes, I was able to use one last year! (Although I called customer service and had them process it)
If something I buy in the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale doesn’t work for me, can I return it?
No, all sales are final. Lilly Pulitzer will not accept returns for items you don’t like, items that do not fit, etc. You can use resale pages to find trades! However, if an item arrives damaged, they have been known to accept a return or exchange for equivalent value.
Lilly often has flash sales on their Facebook & Instagram pages, so be sure to check those out as well throughout the day! Last year during the winter sale, they had $20 mystery scarves and deals on dresses, etc. They didn’t do this during the last sale in September, but it’s worth keeping an eye out for it nonetheless.
Other Places to Shop Lilly Pulitzer Deals During the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale:
Lilly Pulitzer: http://bit.ly/2wZZEzZ
Zappos: http://bit.ly/2N4CqDS all have different deals, and they are oftentimes better! They also typically mark down current season items that may not be in the corporate sale! You can shop the sale early here! (ad)
How to Make the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale Work for You!
- Once the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale date is announced, you might want to arrange to take the morning off from work or school if you’re serious about shopping it.
- Set up your Lilly Pulitzer website account a day or two before the sale (it won’t be accessible a few hours before the sale and even the night before). You can store your card info, address, etc., within your account to save time checking out during the sale.
- Set priorities and hit each of those categories first. (Ex: popovers, shorts, dresses, accessories then tees and tanks last)
- Once you check out during the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale, you’re put back at the “end of the line,” which means you won’t be able to shop again until you get to the front of the virtual line.
- Do NOT refresh your page once you’re in line; you’ll lose your spot!
- Use multiple browser windows and both the app and website to get in a few times if you’re really thirsting for some deals. To avoid waiting in line and missing out, you can even access the sale from multiple devices like a laptop, phone, iPad, desktop, etc.
- You can use the search function to narrow the selection to your size, so it only shows you things that are in stock in the size you’re looking for! (See below!)
- The site has a penchant for crashing, so be patient. During the January 2018 Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale, the site crashed so hard that even though I was in line right at 8 am and one of the first 5k people in line, I couldn’t access the site until almost noon due to technical issues. As the brand’s popularity grows, more and more people try to access it all at once, and some things can’t be helped.
- Just because you add something to your cart doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed to be yours. It may disappear, which can be so disappointing, so shop fast and grab what you want, then check out as quickly as you can. Just remember you’ll be sent back to the beginning of the queue.
- Just because you buy, it doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed. Every year some people are disappointed because their orders are canceled, and it’s good to know going into it that it’s not unheard of.
- You may never receive a shipping notification or tracking. Your package will likely show 1-8 business days after purchase or up to three weeks later.
- If you have specific questions about your local Lilly store or a store near you that carries Lilly, call and ask them before the sale! They want your money and will help you out!
- Shipping is usually quite quick. I live in Michigan and have almost always gotten my packages 2 days after the sale (shipped from KOP, Pennsylvania), but keep in mind that Lilly gets more orders during this time than any other, so that shipping times may be extended up to 6 weeks!
- If you live near a Lilly store, try on different items to get an idea of the size you wear before the sale, especially if you’re going to try a style you don’t typically wear. While Lilly’s sizing varies widely, it has gotten more consistent lately, so what fits in stores should apply to the sale, including the past couple of seasons.
- Be kind to the store owners and Lilly’s customer service! They aren’t out to get you, and they have no control over stock or canceled orders. It may be really disappointing to miss out on something you’ve been wanting, but these are real human beings with real feelings who deserve respect, not a stranger’s rage.
- Lilly does not ship internationally (yet).
Let me know what you thought of these tips, and if you still have questions, please ask them below, and I will answer!
Follow Me for More: @AnnieFairfax
Thanks so much! This was so helpful!!
I’m so glad you found it useful! Best of luck in the sale!
good tips…it’s always fun to see how to make the most of the sale.
Thank you so much for pricing examples on APS sale. I have asked many whom said it was 50% off only for the most part. Helpful info sure!
Madhouse FiFi says
I noticed items in my basket have disappeared and many on my wishlist say not available. This happened last year just a day or two before the sale. But then the date had already been announced. Surely it’s not just a day or two away???
Bridget Ulrich says
I love the Lilly sales – a lot of items I’ve had my eye on all year. I can’t wait to see what everyone finds <3
Melissa Platt says
Thank you so much for all this great information. I’m new to Lilly and bought my first last year APS. I wish I had all this incredibly valuable information. Thank you again!
Brooke Humphreys says
I can’t wait to shop the sale!!! I look forward to APS every year!
So excited for the sale!
Margaret Shutske Wright says
Do items really get shipped potentially as fast as 1-8 days after purchase? I just ordered online for the first time but am fully expecting to wait the full 6 weeks lol
Yes they do! It can be very random, however. It seems like people who live in the midwest tend to receive their orders sooner as they are closer to Lilly’s distribution centers.
You’re the best Annie!