This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may make a (very) small commission. The revenue generated from this helps maintain my site and allows me to continue creating beautiful content for you. Any items marked “c/o” means they were given to me to review, style and share with you. Know that I never link to items I don’t absolutely love and highly recommend to you – thank you!
Explore some of my other Lilly Pulitzer Posts:
Lilly Pulitzer Shorts Collection Part 1
2018 After Party Sale Tips & FAQ
Handmade Lilly Pulitzer Items
How to Properly Launder Lilly Pulitzer Clothing
How to Mix Lilly Pulitzer Prints
Lilly Pulitzer at Grand Hotel Mackinac Island
How I Organize My Lilly Closet
Neon Lilly Pulitzer Skirt and Heels
Lilly Pulitzer Scallop Skirt
New Lilly Pulitzer Store Troy, MI
Lilly Pulitzer Trunk Show
Edit: Start shopping great deals like shorts at $20, elsas starting at $60 and so much more here!
It’s almost time for the semi-annual Lilly Pulitzer sale! In order to make the most of your experience, read these tips and check out my advice video below! Let me know if you still have any questions, and I will do my best to answer them for you!
APS = After Party Sale: One of the two semi-annual sales the Lilly Pulitzer brand offers. It is the only time sale merchandise is offered on their websites (regular stores have sales all year round, but may not be as good).
What is the official day of the sale?
Lilly has just confirmed the sale as being the 5th of January, starting at 8am EST!!
Is it happening in stores too?
Yes! Call your local stores, or stores across the country and they are more than happy to ship you items they have in stock. Just remember, they will have customers in stores AND over the phone (perhaps online as well, if they have a website), so try to know what you’re looking for ahead of time.
-If something you want is sold out on the Lilly site, try calling around to a few stores, they may still have it in stock!
What time does it start?
The sale always starts at 8 am EST online, or whenever your local store opens (which may be earlier on the sale day, call ahead and check!)
Which is better, APS prices online, or in stores?
Some stores have better sale prices, and if the online price is different (aka less), Lilly Pulitzer corporate stores (stores that are called “Lilly Pulitzer”, not stores that carry a few Lilly items) will price match so you get the better price!
What’s are markdowns like?
Generally 30-70% off retail!
Do you know any specific prices?
Last year dresses were around 59-89$
Vests were $39-49
Scarves were $20-30
Popovers were $39-49
Palazzo Pants were $89
Purses and accessories were $12-39!
Are children’s clothing included too?
Yes! Prices are generally 1/2 retail for children’s clothing!
Which prints will be included?
Anything up to and (rarely) including the present season. Think from last summer to current season (seeing which prints have been recently pulled can give you a good idea too!)
Which specific items are included?
While no one knows for sure, it’s a safe bet that Gift with Purchases will be included, as well as items that didn’t sell out when they were originally released.
Will ____ print be in the sale?!
No one knows for sure, but if you have a favorite Lilly store, call and ask them, they may be able to help!
How does the virtual line system work?
The computer system lines you up based upon who “shows up” (i.e. accesses the website) first! While this may seem annoying, it has really helped things run more smoothly in the past!
What if the item I want is sold out online?!
You can either a. head to your nearest Lilly store (I’d recommend calling ahead to ask them to set it aside for you, although not all stores will do this during the sales)
b. call Lilly’s customer service, they may be able to help you figure out a store that can ship it to you.
Will pop up prints (like YGR) be available in the sale?
If they didn’t sell out, chances are good that they will be included in the sale!
Can I use a gift card during the APS?
Yes, I was able to use one last year! (Although I called customer service and had them process it)
If something doesn’t work for me, am I able to return it?
No, all sales are final. Lilly Pulitzer will not accept returns for items you don’t like, items that do not fit, etc. You can use resale pages to find trades! However, if an item arrives damaged, they have been known to accept a return.
Lilly often has flash sales on FaceBook & Instagram so be sure to check those out as well throughout the day! Last year they had $20 mystery scarves and deals on dresses, etc.
6pm.com, zappos.com amazon.com, and saks.com have different deals, and they are often times better! They also typically mark down current season items that may not be in the sale! Often times these sites can be accessed prior to the main sale on LP.com!
How to Make the Sale Work for You!
- Set up your LP account before hand! You can store your card info, address, etc. to save time when checking out at the sale!
- Set priorities and hit each of those categories first! (Ex: popovers, shorts, dresses, accessories then tees and tanks last)
- Once you check out, you’re put at the “end of the line”, which means you won’t be able to shop again just yet.
- Do NOT refresh your page once you’re in line, you’ll lose your spot!
- Use multiple browser windows and both the app and website to get in a few times if you’re really thirsting for some deals!
- You can use the search function to narrow the selection to your size, so it only shows you things that in stock in the size you’re looking for! (See below!)
- Head on over to Zonnerhall.com and use code “CHEERS” for 25% off your Lilly Pulitzer purchase on the 5th of January during the Lilly Pulitzer APS!
- The site has a penchant for crashing, so just be patient! It hasn’t happened (to me at least) the past two sales, but as the brand’s popularity grows, more and more people try to access all at once and some things can’t be helped)
- Just because you add something to your cart doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed to be yours, it may disappear which can be so disappointing!
- Just because you buy it doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed, every year some people are disappointed because their orders are canceled, and that’s not unheard of.
- You may never receive a shipping notification or tracking, your package will likely just show 1-8 business days after purchase, or up to three weeks later.
- If you have specific questions about your local Lilly store, or a store near you that carries Lilly, call and ask them before the sale! They want your money and will help you out!
- Shipping is usually quite quick, I live in Michigan and have almost always gotten my packages 2 days after the sale (shipped from KOP, Pennsylvania) BUT keep in mind that Lilly gets more orders during this time than any other, so shipping times may be extended!
- If you live near a Lilly store, try on different items to get an idea of the size you wear, especially if you’re going to try a style you don’t typically wear. While Lilly’s sizing does vary pretty widely, it has gotten more consistent lately, so what fits in stores should be applicable to the sale which will include the past couple of seasons.
- Be kind to the store owners and Lilly’s customer service! They aren’t out to get you and they have no control over stock. It may disappointing to miss out on something you’ve been wanting, but these are real human beings with real feelings who deserve respect, not a stranger’s rage.
- Lilly does not ship internationally (yet)
- Winter is the best time to check TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Homegoods, because things that don’t sell out in the sale typically wind up there! You can see my video below on how to find Lilly at these stores!
Remember, above all else, have fun!
Let me know what you thought of these tips, and if you still have questions, ask them below and I will answer! Good luck fellow Lilly Ladies! <3