RULES UPDATE 4/12/2021
ALL posts must contain the following phrase, copy and pasted at the bottom of the post:
“Buyer(s) must follow all group rules, which can be found here (bit.ly/DTIRules), and I will do the same.”
Only posts with this phrase & link to the rules will be approved going forward. This will help cut down on people not knowing the rules, people being unable to find the rules, etc.
Click Here to See More Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale Information, Hauls, Styling Guides and More
Dressed to Impress Group Rules
Admin: Annie Fairfax
1. Only authentic, Lilly Pulitzer brand (no handmade items) may be posted in the group. The only exception to this is that occasionally the admin will post a roundup of great deals from other brands that work well with Lilly.
2. Anything not listed in these rules that is brought to an admin will be addressed as fairly as possible, with the information provided.
3. Please always be respectful.
4. Attempt to work out issues prior to coming to an admin. Sometimes a friendly reminder is all a person needs.
5. Stock photos are allowed for ISO (in search of) posts only. When listing an item for sale, please use your own image to accurately showcase condition, print placement, any flaws, etc.
6. Do not piggyback on anyone else’s post, create your own ISO/for sale posts.
7. Name calling, fat/skinny shaming, being racist/____-ist, will result in an immediate and permanent ban.
8. Please tag the admin whenever there is an issue, or if anyone is breaking the rules. It’s not possible for me to watch every comment on every post in a group of more than 40,000, so please help out when you can by reporting posts and tagging the admin.
9. Only the admin is allowed to post referral codes, affiliate links, links to other sales, etc. By using this group, you acknowledge that affiliate links may be posted in this group, and that you may leave the group at any time.
10. Do not post links to other FB groups, or promote other groups here.
11. Advertising stores, collecting email addresses on behalf of stores/blogs, or selling on behalf of any store is not allowed. If you represent a store that wants to sell to or advertise within DTI, you must message an admin first for approval.
12. Items always go to the first person who posts their PayPal information to claim an item.
13. If you want an invoice, comment “WANT” and your PayPal. Or, if you don’t want to post your PayPal publicly, comment “want/sold” and “pming you my PayPal”. Never edit your comments to include your PayPal. Edited comments don’t count.
14. Only pay with Paypal. Paying via any other platform is unsafe, because there is no protection for buyers or sellers. Venmo, FB pay, Apple Pay, etc. are not allowed.
15. DO NOT post “interested” or anything similar as that will not hold your place.
16. Pay all invoices within 24 hours, unless you have previously arranged something with the seller.
17. Do NOT claim or inquire about items before they are posted, you must wait with everyone else. Comments that break this rule will be deleted and the poster will be muted.
18. Never message the seller before they list to claim an item before it is listed. Doing this will result in a ban because it isn’t fair to those following the rules.
19. To Follow a post, use the three dots in the upper right hand corner. Do not comment with dots, emojis, “following”, tag yourself, etc. or your comments will be removed, and you may be muted.
20. When posting an ISO, you must specify the print, specific item style (e.g. “Callahan shorts” not “shorts”), and the size(s) you want. Vague ISOs like “ISO size small, white dresses” will not be approved.*
21. Do not message your Paypal information to sellers without first saying “Want/SOLD!” or “Pming you my paypal”. This helps keep things fair for everyone.
22. It is okay to use stock photos for ISO posts. If you use another person’s photographs, you must have their permission.
*members are not allowed to specify their price in ISOs. Posts like “ISO size 4 YGR shorts under $30” will not be approved.
*For sale posts must have a photo of everything you’re going to sell as the first, main photo, and then everything else added to the comments once it’s approved. Do not submit multiple items individually.
23. Only ever use PayPal to send invoices. Using Venmo, FB Pay, or any other form of payment is not allowed, as they are not safe and there is no recourse for buyers should the seller fail to ship. Do not ask for friends and family payment via PayPal for the same reason.
24. Do not use the selling format.
25. Always delete items once sold to keep the group neat.
26. Pricing is solely at the seller’s discretion. If you don’t like it, keep scrolling. No one has time to monitor how much someone else paid for an item, or how much other people think it’s “worth”. Sell for a price you personally feel comfortable with.
27. All items must have a price listed and all prices must include shipping and all fees, they may not be added separately.
28. Sellers have the right to say “all invoices must be paid within X hours”, and this payment window must be met, even if it’s shorter than the standard 24 hour rule of the group.
29. Stick to your asking price, unless you’ll accept less (bidding above asking price is not allowed).
30. If someone offers you less, and another person offers you your asking price, it us up to you whether or not you take the lower offer, so long as an invoice has not been sent.
31. If someone makes you an offer you don’t want, be courteous in your refusal.
32. Disclose all smoking, pets, perfume scents, etc. when selling. Some people have severe allergies or asthma and may not be able to wear items from homes where someone smokes, has a dog, wears perfume, etc.
33. Post multiple photos in an album or in the comments of the first photo(so that people who are the same size as you can more easily find your posts and it keeps the group cleaner!). Only one post per person will be approved at a time. If you submit more than one post, one will be approved, the rest will be deleted.
34. Do not post links to live bidding on sites like eBay, other groups, or to any outside sites.
35. Sellers must go in order of who posts paypal, or posts in the manner outlined above when sending invoices.
36. If anyone PMs you to claim items before you’ve had time to list them, report them to the admin immediately for cutting in front of others who followed the rules.
37. Sellers must invoice within 24 hours of the buyer posting their Paypal. If more than 24 hours has passed, the potential buyer is no longer obligated to complete the transaction, but the seller must still follow in order of who post paypal info first, and offer the items to whomever was next in line.
38. Ship within 7 business days. If this is not possible, you must state this before your listing, and communicate this to the buyer before posting.
39. If you are an Etsy shop/individual/store/company interested in advertising in the group’s banner, in the pinned post, or posting the above, you must first contact an admin. Otherwise, stores are not allowed to post about their sales, collect emails, shop for people in their stores, etc. Anyone doing this for a store without permission will be banned without notice.
40. Never trade with anyone without using Paypal to back up the trade. This requires you each invoice each other for the same amount (an amount you’d be comfortable being returned in the event of a Paypal claim). In order to get Paypal protection. Once you have this, there is literally no situation you cannot be protected from!
41. Do not buy/sell/trade for people who are not in this group. If they are interested in what is being BSTd here, they may request to join.
42. Taking screenshots from this group will result in immediate and permanent banning. Members may send the admin of this group screenshots to help settle disputes. This rule is for the safety of group members, and is meant to prevent harassment.
43. If you’re interested in hosting or posting about a giveaway, contest, etc. you must contact the admins for permission. No contest or giveaway held by the admins or members will ever have any impact upon a member’s membership in the group, and such contests will always be entirely optional.
44. Only bump your own posts once every 24 hours (this is done by liking/commenting on it).
*The admins reserve the right to remove any post, comment, or member for any reason.*
Depending upon the reason, an individual who has been banned may be able to rejoin the group if they agree to follow the rules going forward.