There are plenty of reasons I love Tieks, but today I wanted to share with all of you why they’re my go-to travel shoe. As a travel writer and photographer, I need shoes that allow me to stay on my feet from sun up to sun down and don’t leave my feet aching at the end of the day, while looking presentable, and Tieks check all of these boxes.
Here are 10 reasons Tieks accompany me on all of my travels.
- Tieks are compact and easy to fold up, then store in my carry-on or camera backpack, leaving plenty of room for my camera gear, clothing, and other travel necessities.
- They come with a convenient carrying case so I can neatly tuck them away even after wearing them, and I won’t have to worry about my other things getting dirty.
- Since they’re so small and light, I can pack 3-5 pairs and use the same amount of space and weight in my bags as I would with 1 other pair of walking shoes.
- They are so comfortable that I can wear them all day exploring a new city. Even when climbing steps to the top of a gorgeous castle or church, riding bicycles, dancing, strolling through English gardens, or touring an interesting neighborhood, my feet never hurt. Tieks have a split sole design that makes them flexible, plus padded soles that offer support and cushion, and a cushioned back that ensures my heel is always comfortable when I wear my Tieks.
- The variety of colors and patterns means I can pick a neutral pair like my California Navy, or a fun color like Poppy and they’ll be the only shoes I need on my travels.
- Tieks are versatile and can be dressed up for a night on the town and dinner at a Michelin Starred restaurant, or paired with casual clothing for a day out exploring.
- I love being able to wear my Tieks throughout the day and then transition them from day to night. All I have to do is change my clothing, and I’m all set to keep adventuring.
- In a world of fast fashion and growing environmental pollution, I feel good about buying a pair of Tieks, because they last travel after travel. I still have my first pair of Tieks given to me by one of my sorority sisters five years ago, and even after years of wear they still look great, so I know my shoes will last.
- The classic shape of Tieks ballet flats means they’re a timeless wardrobe staple that will look chic for years to come, whether I’m wandering the streets of Paris or adventuring in Mexico.
- I’ve worn my Tieks all over the world and have never felt like they make me stick out around the locals. A big concern of mine when traveling is not standing out from the locals too much, or being too flashy, and Tieks have worked for me time and time again in all of the climates and cultures I’ve visited, and I never look out of place. In fact, I often receive lots of comments about my Tieks when I’m out exploring the world!
Do you own Tieks? Tell me why you love your Tieks in the comments below.
Until next time!
Follow Me for More: @AnnieFairfax
See More by Annie Fairfax
Baden-Baden | Bay Harbor | Bay View | Beverly Hills | Carmel | Chicago | Cincinnati | Colmar | Disneyland| Grand Rapids | Greenland | Harbor Springs | Heidelberg | Indianapolis | Irvine | Laguna Beach | Los Angeles | Mackinac Island | Mexico City | Nara | New Orleans | New York City | Niagara Falls | Nikko | Petoskey | Querétaro | Rome | Tokyo | Toronto | Traverse City | Tucson | Tulum | Vatican City | Venice | West Hollywood |